Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What Silence Says

 This short tale is for Dima. 


So...Dima special. Of course everybody are special in their way, you say...But he is very kind, soft, sensible, reasonable and calm. Yes, he knows what Silence Says...

 What Silence Says

A teacher let his pupils out to play at break time and went off to eat his lunch. Everyone ran out the school. Danny was the last boy to go out, but someone had locked the door. 
When the students came back to school, Danny was sitting in his seat.
“Why didn’t you climb out the window?” one of the students asked. 
“I didn’t want to – I was listening to the silence,” Danny replied.
“And did you hear much?” someone giggled.
“I listened to the specks of dust rustling as they brushed against the sunbeams. Our tables creaked from tiredness, and whispered sadly.”




“You are lying! What a storyteller,” the students cried, but the teacher stopped them. 
He told everyone to sit down and said:
“Now we’re going to listen to the silence. We’ll sit ever so quietly and listen to our hearts, so they open up to let the silence in, and become huge.” 
Everyone was quiet for a moment, and it was as though the school was empty. A minute later, the students started to say: “Oh, I heard my heart beating.”
“And I heard the song mum used to sing when I was small.”
“I heard the wind whistling through the window.”
The students were quiet again, and the teacher said: 
“Silence speaks volumes. In order to hear it, you need to have a heart as big as Danny’s.”


Have you ever listen to the Silence ? 
I do...)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment