Monday, September 5, 2011

About bikes


Today after jogging I’ve thought about Russian conditions for living…. Why there no bicycle tracks here? Anywhere I tried to jogging or ride on bike – I felt myself annoyed and sadly…. There are dogs or cars. It’s scared to hear grinding of dog’s paws and bark behind me! There are no conditions for a riding on bike… Bad roads filled with cars, high borders and angry drivers ! Drivers can stop their car for a few minutes and tell you a great heap of terrible words about “who you are..” and “where you should go…” ! Unfortunately a great number of Russian people think that bike is for fun, kids and sportsmen. I wonder who buy bikes here and what for?
I saw absolutely different situation in Holland. Everybody use bikes, from birth till death…It’s not a joke! It was amazing and unbelievable for me! Beautiful tracks with special traffic lights for bikes. I like it very much! And it’s so healthy and good for environment. I think this example with bikes only a little part of a not good social situation in Russia. But sometimes I think only I am disturbed by wild dogs, terrible roads, absence of bike tracks and state’s system “not for human”.  I calm down myself with thought : “Someday I will visit Holland again and can feel fresh air, look at clean forests and will ride on bike in any time and anywhere! 

Amsterdam. 2011. red track for bikes.



Amsterdam.2011. Square in the center became a place for parking

Bikes everywhere...! ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment