Thursday, October 20, 2011

Photo studio for children "The Light" in the Orphanage #24. Moscow.


     I started work in the orphanage and yesterday I spent my first lesson there. I worried very much. I prepared. Red books, red my own diaries and notebooks.  And think, think and think! What I should to do, how I should talk to children and in which manner? It’s not just lessons for them and for me. It’s very important. I wish my photo lessons will be “fresh air” for them! They need attention to their personality very much. And I want to help them open their mind. I want to show them freedom, real friendship, kindness, respect and DESIRE TO CREATE. They should have desire to create not only photos but their life and themselves!
     Many ideas I took from book by Johannes Itten “Design and form: the basic course at the Bauhaus”. It’s a great book for designers and artists. And there Itten describes his teaching method. I reflected a lot about Itten’ method and I try to make these ideas a reality in my photo studio. By the way I called it “The Light”. Now I have 2 groups of teenagers (11 children in each one) and 1 group of children of secondary school age (8 children). 

     I planned teach children to be open to the World, to feel their responsibility for that planet, society and themselves. Every week I will give them “food for thought”, I want to wake up their Personality, their Mind. And I will do it through The Photography. They all are at the beginning of their life and I know that I can change their lives. I hope… You can connect with me if you want to do the same things. We could help each other by our experience and our ideas. It will be very interesting for me! 
     Also I want to share with you Johannes Itten ideas:

1.     Above all the Teacher should release and enhance the imagination of pupils. Release their creativity. 

2.    Respect for people is the beginning and the ultimate goal of any education.

3.    See natural gifts and temperament of people and reveal them.

4.    Person must develop harmoniously. All sides: physical, spiritual, intellectual, sensual.
Photo by Romualdas Rakauskas

No comments:

Post a Comment